- What happens at my first lesson?
When you meet us at the beach we will asses all individuals needs and skill level. We then get you into a wetsuit and safety rash T-Shirt and match you up with a soft surfboard. Just a few of the topics covered for the entry level surfer:
- Cover safety aspects of your session and the environment.
- Warm up and get to know your equipment.
- Surf awareness, paddling, and handling your surfboard.
- Catching waves. Riding your board lying down (prone) and progressing to standing up, both on the beach and practical in the water.
- Final feedback on your session and goals for next time.
- Have fun.
For Intermediate Surfers:
- Assess conditions and choose appropriate surf spot.
- Discuss your level and agree upon goals for the session.
- Style and maneuver analysis.
- Final feedback and next session goals.
- How long does the Session run for?
Group Lessons (Join a Group or Private Group) sessions run for 2 hours.
Private 1:1or 1:2 surf lessons run for 1hr.
- How safe is learning to surf?
At COASTRIDER Surf Academy we are a team of fully qualified instructors that are very caring and safety conscious. We have super warm wetsuits and quality Softboards to make you experience pleasurable and fun. You only need tiny waves to learn how to surf and we will only take beginners out in what we deem are safe conditions.
- Will I be able to stand up?
You will be using the best learn to surf equipment and coaching available so there is every chance you will get a taste of standing up in your first lesson. It all depends on your fitness, balance and determination, but one thing is for sure if you keep persisting you will succeed and be a surfer in no time.
- Can Surf sessions be cancelled?
There will be rare times that we have to cancel your booked surf session:
- If the conditions are unsafe, this will be unlikely as COASTRIDER is mobile and we will only hold surf sessions at safe locations.
- If your Instructor is ill and no replacement is available. All surfers who have booked a session will be notified at the earliest time by phone if a cancellation is required. Your surf session will not be cancelled due to rain, heat or cold unless the conditions become unsafe during the session.
- How do I book and pay for my Surf Session?
Click on the SURF LESSON OPTIONS TAB and choose from one of the surfing lesson/packages options. Once you choose a day to start surfing then this site will direct you for payment using a very secure online payment facility.
- What should I bring to my Surf Session?
Swimmers, towel, water, sunscreen, warm clothing and a positive and fun attitude.We supply all surf equipment in the cost of your lesson.
- What is your refund policy?
Clients will obtain a credit or refund when:
- The client notifies the surf school 24 hours prior to the time of the booked surfing session.
- The Surfing instructor cancels the lesson due to illness and no replacement available.
- If the surfing instructor cancels the surf session due to dangerous surf conditions. If surf conditions become unsafe during a lesson, the surfing instructor may modify the lesson and undertake activities on the beach rather than in the water, or the surf session may be rescheduled for another time. If the client has paid for a block of surf sessions at a discounted price, the refund will be based on the sessions already delivered at the un-discounted session price less the total amount paid. No refund is offered if the client refuses to comply with the COASTRIDER Surf Academy policy and the surfing instructor determines the client cannot participate in the surf session. If the client advises the surfing instructor of a medical condition such that the surfing instructor decides, that it would be unsafe for the client to participate in the session, a refund will be offered. If the instructor becomes aware of the clients medical condition after the lesson has commenced, such that the surfing instructor determines it is unsafe for the client to continue in the session, no refund will be offered. COASTRIDER Surf Academy Surf Session cards are fully transferable but the Academy must be notified at the point of transfer.
- Do you have insurance?
Yes, COASTRIDER Surf Academy is covered under the Surfing Australia Umbrella policy, including: $20M Public Liability, $20M Products Liability, $2M Professional Indemnity. All surfers do have to fill out the COASTRIDER disclaimer form before their first session. The form can be downloaded here.
- How can I give positive feedback or make a complaint?
COASTRIDER Surf Academy is committed to effectively, efficiently, promptly and fairly handling all complaints about the services offered. Any complaint will be treated seriously, investigated thoroughly and dealt with according to the merit of the complaint. The circumstances and results of any appeal are analysed thoroughly by senior management for their implications and acted on appropriately so as to remove any grounds for appeal in the future by improving the relevant functions.
Client’s positive feedback is also very important to us as we have super high operating and service standards, so to tell us about what we do well would be appreciated. COASTRIDER Surf Academy clients can provide feedback or make a complaint by telephone, or in writing to:
Owner/Operator COASTRIDER Surf Academy
461 Clifton Beach Rd
PH: 0419 324 921
E: [email protected]
Clients can also provide feedback or make a complaint direct to Surfing Australia:
PO Box 928
PH: 07 5599 3800
E: [email protected]