Duration: 2 hours
Most SUP lessons are at Lauderdale or Cremorne Beach but group lessons can be arranged at other locations around Hobart
With no surfing experience necessary you can get on a SUP and have stacks of fun.
SUP boarding can be enjoyed by everyone from 8 to 88 years of age due to the relaxed and easy aspect of the sport. At the start, you can do some flat water paddling at some of Tassie’s beautiful waterways and then if you are keen you can progress into the surf on small days.
A private SUP lesson with Coastrider covers all the necessary basics of stand up paddle boarding. The first lesson is held in flat water where you learn the correct stance and paddling techniques to make your paddling smooth and efficient and minimize the risk of injury by paddling incorrectly.
Do a private lesson or book in with some mate, we can cater for up to six at a time. Book a time convenient for you, before work, after school, it’s up to you. Our experienced SUP coach (State SUP representative) makes your lesson plenty of fun and gets you ready to progress into SUP surfing on waves.
Tasmania SUP Lesson Itinerary
- Roll up at the beach 5-10 min prior to your start time, meet us at the Coastrider van at your pre-determined SUP location.
- Your coach introduces themselves and get you sorted with a SUP, paddle, and wetsuit if required.
- We start with some beach based technique and SUP safety info.
- One SUP coach all to yourself makes sure you get plenty of attention and progress fast.
- You then hit the waterways and learn to paddle correctly and safely on your private SUP lesson.
- Paddle for approx. one hour and enjoy the serenity.
You don’t really need to bring much to your surf lesson, but try to remember the following items:
- Drinking water
- Your booking confirmation (printed or on your phone)
- A decent amount of determination…
We will provide you with the following when you arrive for your lesson:
- Stand Up Paddleboard – we have a range of SUP’s to suits your size and ability.
- Adjustable Paddle to suit all heights.
- Wetsuit – Only required on cooler days.
- Thermal top or rash vest.
- Sunscreen – If you forgot yours.
- Professional Instruction from our qualified, well trained and enthusiastic SUP coaches.