Duration: 2 hours
Group Size: Up to 3 surfers
- One Surfer
- Two Surfers
- Three Surfers
You learn all the key base skills for paddling correctly and getting to your feet and riding with a good technique. You also get a thorough run down of surf safety ocean awareness and surfing rules. Stacks of fun for adults, teens, and kids over eight years old.
Surf lessons are held along the NW coast at various locations and times over the summer surf season.
NW Coast Group Surf Lesson Itinerary
- Roll up at the beach 5-10 min prior to your start time, meet us at the Coastrider trailer and van in the car park.
- Your coach introduces themselves and gets you sorted with a wetsuit and board.
- We start with some beach based technique and surf safety info. We are big on getting it right on the beach and getting you ready to hit the waves.
- You then hit the waves in conditions suitable for your ability.
- A feedback session with goals for your next NW Coast surf lesson is done before getting changed.
You don’t really need to bring much to your surf lesson, but try to remember the following items:
- Drinking water
- Your booking confirmation (printed or on your phone)
- A decent amount of determination…
- You can use your own wetsuit and softboard if you have one.
We will provide you with the following when you arrive for your lesson:
- Surfboard – we have a range of softboards to suits your size and ability.
- Wetsuit – Full length warm wetsuits from a leading surf company are supplied, we have all sizes available.
- Sunscreen – If you forgot yours.
- Professional Instruction from our qualified, well trained and enthusiastic surf coaches.