Join Coastrider for a group surf lesson on the beatiful NW Coast.
Duration: 2 hours
Group Size: Up to 32 surfers
Surfing with people you live/work/play with is always so much fun and provides plenty of laughs and memorable moments. Take advantage of our generous group surf lesson booking discounts. Get your group down to the beach and have a very memorable experience together.
Coastrider can travel to most locations statewide to conduct your larger private group booking. For an extra fee we also have access to the Clifton Beach Surf Life Saving Club with catering facilities and warm showers.
Tasmania Group Surf Lesson Itinerary
- Roll up at the beach 5-10 min prior to your start time, meet us at the Coastrider trailer and bus in the car park.
- Your coach introduces themselves and get you sorted with a wetsuit and board.
- We start with some beach-based techniques and surf safety info. We are big on getting it right on the beach and getting you ready to hit the waves.
- One surf coach all to yourself makes sure you get plenty of attention and progress fast.
- You then hit the waves in conditions suitable for your ability.
- A feedback session with goals for the next surf lesson will be done before getting changed.
- What to Bring
You don’t really need to bring much to your surf lesson, but try to remember the following items:
- Drinking water
- Your booking confirmation (printed or on your phone)
- A decent amount of determination…
- You can use your own wetsuit and softboard if you have one.
We will provide you with the following when you arrive for your lesson:
- Surfboard – we have a range of softboards to suits your size and ability.
- Wetsuit – Full length warm wetsuits from a leading surf company are supplied, we have all sizes available.
- Thermal top and hood are available for additional warmth if required (NOV-APRIL usually not required).
- Sunscreen – If you forgot yours.
- Professional Instruction from our qualified, well trained and enthusiastic surf coaches.