Our Learn to Surf Packages are about fast-tracking your surfing skills and knowledge.
Duration: 1 hour
1:1 surf lessons with Coastrider advances your surfing considerably as you get our undivided attention. If you wish, you can bring a friend along 1:2 and surf together. Book a time convenient for you, before work, after school, it’s up to you. We always attempt to get you the appropriate waves for your surfing ability so we can work on progressing your skills fast during your private surf lesson with Coastrider.
Private Surf Lesson in Tasmania Itinerary
- Roll up at the beach 5-10 min prior to your start time, meet us at the Coastrider trailer and bus in the car park.
- Your coach introduces themselves and get you sorted with a wetsuit and board.
- We start with some beach-based technique and surf safety info. We are big on getting it right on the beach and getting you ready to hit the waves.
- One surf coach all to yourself makes sure you get plenty of attention and progress fast.
- You then hit the waves in conditions suitable for your ability.
- A feedback session with goals for the next surf lesson is done before getting changed.
- What to Bring
You don’t really need to bring much to your surf lesson, but try to remember the following items:
- Drinking water
- Your booking confirmation (printed or on your phone)
- A decent amount of determination…
- You can use your own wetsuit and softboard if you have one.
We will provide you with the following when you arrive for your lesson:
- Surfboard – we have a range of softboards to suits your size and ability.
- Wetsuit – Full-length warm wetsuits from a leading surf company are supplied, we have all sizes available.
- Thermal top and hood are available for additional warmth if required (NOV-APRIL usually not required).
- Sunscreen – If you forgot yours.
- Professional Instruction from our qualified, well trained and enthusiastic surf coaches.